Monday, July 28, 2008

Busy Little Bees!!

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been slacking on my blogging duties lately! I've been sooo busy the past couple of weeks. Last week, I helped out with vacation bible school at our church so my days were filled with work, followed by church....not much time for anything else! I helped out in one of the craft rooms for elementary aged kids. It was mass chaos, but the kids had a good time. Here are a couple of pictures from the night the kids made crosses filled with sand (noooo, that wasn't messy at all!!!).


This past weekend, we went out and got a new printer/scanner/copier. We needed one desperately. We had been without a printer since we got our new computer a year ago and it was getting pretty annoying. I'm excited to use the scanner too!! After we went and got a printer, we decided to go see "The Dark Knight". It definitely lives up to the hype! Great movie...go see it!! We also rented the movie "21" over the weekend (yes, we like movies!) We had already seen it at the theater, but we're going to Vegas in a little over a week so we decided to get ourselves psyched up for it by watching the movie. It's a really good movie too.
Four out of the five people in the picture above are going to Vegas.....Greg, me, Andrea (my sister-in-law) and my brother, Jimmy. We've never gone on a vacation as just the four of us before so we're really looking forward to it. And what better place to go than Vegas? It's been a couple of years since I've been there.....I LOVE VEGAS!!! The best things always happen when we're there. For example, one year I won $1200 (yes, that's twelve hundred!!) playing bingo with Greg's grandma. Then, another year, me, Greg's sister Heather and his brother Mike were all laying out at the pool at Bally's and this lady from VH-1 asked if we wanted to see a free Goo-Goo Dolls concert. They were looking for young adults to put in the front rows of the crowd because they were taping for some show. We got to sit in the front row!! I wonder what will happen this time around?
This is a picture I took last week of the "Jack-hole". This is pretty much what he does every morning while we get ready for work. Most of the time, we have to physically remove him from the bed to get him to go potty because all he wants to do is sleep. It's like we have a teenager in the house!!
I've been thinking of another fun post I can do and I think I'm going to do a "Hair-u-mentary". Kind of a documentary of my hairstyles over the years. I've seen it done on another blog I read and it is HILARIOUS!! I had some pretty bad hairstyles growing up....I mean, I grew up in the 80's/90's so bad hair is kind of a given. Not to mention, I definitely had some "awkward" years so it should be pretty funny! Not sure when I'm going to do it, but I'm looking forward to it. If you can't laugh at yourself, then what can you laugh at, right?
Well, that's it for now. I promise to post more often than I have been. Now that VBS is over, things should starting slowing down a bit!
Later--
Brooke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see a picture of the lawn after the recent heat wave. Matt.