Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Very Easter Weekend

Happy Easter everyone!! I hope you all are having a wonderful day celebrating with family! He is Risen!!!!!! AMEN!!! We have had a fun weekend, even in the midst of all this uber-dreary weather that won't seem to take a hint and a hike.

Yesterday, we went to an Easter party at the home of one of Greg's co-workers. There were a few families there....and all of them had boys. No girls, only boys. I think there were 7 or 8 boys total. Ben was mesmerized by watching all of the "big boys" running around. We were surprised when we showed up to the party to see that they had rented a huge "bouncy house". The boys were having a BLAST as I'm sure you can imagine. They all cleared out of there a couple of times so Ben could go in with Greg and I. Ben wasn't completely sold on it the first time around, but the second time he was just laughing and laughing. Here is a good pic of the action.....

And, of course, no Easter party is complete without an Easter egg hunt. Here is a pic of all the boys (and me) getting ready to find their treasure....

Ben went to one corner where there were several eggs hidden amongst the landscaping. Almost all the eggs he found had a piece of candy AND a quarter!! Greg was pretty excited about the quarters, but I reminded him that they would be placed in Ben's piggy bank and NOT Greg's "slush fund" (aka--Vegas) account. A pic below of Ben examining the loot.

Having fun finding eggs....

"I found one!".....

Quick funny story about the bouncy house....they deflated it half-way through the party (as you can see in the pic below) and Ben stood in front of it, held his hand out at it and said "3-2-1 GO!" like he was trying to re-inflate it. Hilarious.

Mommy and Ben....

And a good one with Daddy.....

This morning was interesting. Ben is still having A LOT of trouble with separation anxiety, so I went to the first morning church service and Greg went to the mid-morning service after I came home. I'm really looking forward to the day when we can start going to church together again. Even so, it was a nice service and I'm glad I got to go.

In non-Easter related news, Ben has pee-peed on the potty a handful of times and is always very excited and proud of himself (as are we) each time he goes. Hopefully he'll start going more and more on the potty so we can bid adios to the diapers.

Also, I have my girls trip to NYC coming up next weekend. I am sooo excited. I'm not so sure Greg is though :-) He's a little nervous about having Ben for 3 days without any help. But I know he'll do great.

Have a blessed Easter everyone!

Love,
Brooke

1 comment:

Mike said...

Glad you guys had a good Easter! Have fun in NYC!