Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm Still Alive....I Think

Yes, I am a major blogging slacker. Here is my excuse....Greg has been gone for approximately 2.5 weeks on different business and non-business related trips. When Greg is gone, I don't sleep. I have trouble with insomnia when he IS here. But when he's not here, it goes to a whole new level. I have serious trouble falling asleep...and when I finally do, I usually wake up at least once an hour, leaving me with about 4 to 5 hours of broken sleep a night. Over the course of a couple of weeks, it definitely takes its toll. I would make a HORRIBLE single parent. Thank goodness my Mom came to help out last week. She was a Godsend!! Thanks Mom!!

I would love to update you on what we've been doing the past couple of weeks, but I can't really remember as my main goal has simply been to not fall asleep while watching Ben or driving. Oh wait, I do remember one thing. I took Ben to be evaluated by Early Intervention for his speech. I took him once before because he wasn't saying many words yet. Now he says pretty much any single word we give him, but he still isn't putting together two-word phrases. So, I took him back and speech pathologist was actually thrilled at how well he is doing. She had no concerns and said she expects him to start his phrases any day now. I'll take him back if he still hasn't started in a few months. I always have to remind myself that he spent the first year of his life hearing Korean, so speech delays are just going to be a reality and I need to CHILL!

I was also supposed to run a 10k race this past weekend but woke up with a migraine the morning of the race and continued to fight the stupid thing all weekend. I finally got rid of it mid-morning today. Nothing like a 2 1/2 day migraine to spice up your weekend. I was completely worthless. So, needless to say, I did not run my race. I haven't had a migraine in months, so I guess I was due for one. I just wish it would have chosen a different weekend to rumble. I have another 10k this coming weekend. And, wouldn't you know it, it's supposed to SNOW the night before the race. And it's supposed to be 29 degrees the morning of the race. Umm, I'm sorry, I thought this was APRIL not JANUARY!!! Darn you Midwest.....DARN YOU!!!!!

Since a truly have nothing to tell you, I'm going to leave you with a few pictures.....

Ben doing his monster impression because he's wearing monster jammies:



Doing the hand gesture he always does when he says "cheese"...

Me and my boy....


And again....
I promise I'll have more to tell you next time. Sorry for the lame post.

Brooke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How in the world did I miss this blog !!!!! Adorable "Little Monster" ,Gigi loves you :) The pictures are soooo cute Brooke (of both, Ben and you.) Love You!!!