Monday, November 29, 2010

It's About Time

Cue the white noise and creepy "Poltergeist" music....WE'RE BAAA-AAAAACK!!!! Yes, after a year-long hiatus, the Reynolds' family blog is back. I'm sure by now there is no one reading this anymore, but that's ok. I've been wanting to start it up again for a really long time, but our old computer just made it impossible. So, now that we have a NEW computer (I heart you MAC), I can finally tend to the blog again.

It's the understatement of the century to say that we've had a lot going on over the last year. Those of you who used to read the blog know that we adopted our super-cute, mega-energetic, sweet-hearted son Ben from Korea last year (Nov. 23rd to be exact). After he joined our family we pretty much went into "survival mode" for a few months. I knew it was going to be challenging to instantly become the mom of a one-year-old but no one can ever prepare you for it. Greg and I lived in a fog of sleepless bewilderment for what seemed like forever. And then....things clicked. We got it. All of a sudden, Ben felt like our son and not just a child we were taking care of for awhile. Now it's like he has been with us all along. We are soooo blessed!!

Speaking of Ben, he was recently a ring-bearer for Greg's sister Heather and her now-hubby Rob at their wedding in Florida last month. While he didn't quite make it down the aisle, he did look ridiculously cute in his tux....



See what I mean??

The wedding was gorgeous and soooo much fun. Here are some more pics....



Above: Heather, me and Kelly at the lovely rehearsal dinner.



Above: Reagan and I. Reagan was a beautiful flower girl as you'll see in the next photo. She did a great job!



Above: Heather and Reagan. Aren't they gorgeous??? Heather's dress was TO DIE FOR!! She was stunning!

And a few more pics....



Above: The Reynolds siblings: Matt, Heather, Mike and Greg...and an orb on Greg's shoulder...possibly a spirit of someone who has passed...I'm thinking maybe Mutt...



Above: Our attempt at a nice family photo. Too bad Ben looks like he's trying to escape :-)



Above: Greg, Peggy, Me and Ben. Peggy's dress was beautiful too!! I wish I had a full-length picture of it.



Above: Heather and Jerry during the Father-Daughter dance.



Above: The happy couple the day after the wedding.

We had such a great time and wish Heather and Rob all the happiness in the world!!

Later--Brooke

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Finally. I have been waiting over a year for an update. If I knew all it took was a Mac, I would have bought you one.

Mike said...

Great to see the Babbling Brooke is back!!!

Cindy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are baaaaaack!!! It was always fun to read your blog! Now we get to read all about Ben's adventures! Can't believe how much he has grown . . . and he has so much more hair!! He is darling!

MamaSpin said...

I'm glad you're back in the blogging world! I have been patiently awaiting for the moment when your blog would light up on my Google Reader! Macs are wonderful, aren't they?? Love all the Ben pics! We had such a fun time with you in Florida!

Brooke said...

Thanks everyone! It's good to be back :-)

Mike said...

I was catching up on the blog (I wish there was some sort of automatic notification when new articles are available), and I re-read this one. I don't know how I missed the comment about the orb that is Mutt, but that was awesome.