Monday, May 9, 2011

One Mother of a Weekend

Hey there! Hope all you moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! Mine was so much fun!! We had beautiful weather all weekend, so we spent most of it outside. Ben was on cloud nine to have both mommy AND daddy playing outside with him at the same time.

On Saturday, we walked to our neighborhood park and spent an hour or so. Then, we came home and Greg did some yard work while Ben "helped". This is code for: Ben put on Greg's gardening gloves and played in the mulch with some digging tools.....and then kept trying to run into the water from the hose when Greg was watering the plants.

Then we brought out the water table which always provides endless entertainment (thanks Gigi and Grampy)....

We decided to have my Mother's Day meal on Saturday night since we knew everything on Sunday would be a mad house. We decided on Chili's (of course). Very delish. Then, I went for an evening run and was quickly reminded that running in 50-something degree weather and 80-something degree weather are NOT the same. I was drenched! But, a run is a run and it felt good!

On Sunday we went back to the park, only we decided to go to a different park that required us to bike there. I have the bike trailer on my bike since I'm the one who uses it with Ben during the day in the spring/summer months. Greg always feels embarrassed when we bike somewhere as a family and I'm the one pulling Ben in the trailer, but it's a hassle to keep changing it back and forth. He got over it real quick when we went out and there were close to 30 mph winds with gusts close to 40. UGH!! The bike trailer acts like parachute of sorts because the front is mesh. Not pleasant. But we had a GREAT time at the park, so it was worth it :-)

Ben and Daddy swinging....

Cooperating with Mom and taking a break to pose for a pic...

Daddy and Ben.....


Going down the twisty "big boy" slide....

Ben growing increasing annoyed with pictures.....

Playing in the tunnel....

It was such a fun weekend. I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I feel to be Ben's mom. And how blessed I am to have such a wonderful mom myself!! AND how blessed I am to have such a loving husband who made sure I had a special Mother's Day!! God is good!!

Here are just a couple more pics of the fun Ben and I have during the day. This first one was a morning where we were just taking a bunch of silly pics. I kept making faces in the pictures and when I would show them to Ben, he would CRACK UP!! I love this one because of his great smile...

And this one was taken after Ben insisted that I wear this "hat" (not really a hat, obviously, but he thinks it is....it's actually a neck massager..) and his spider-man sunglasses. He always gets a kick out of this...

Have a great week everyone! I think I'll be doing my fourth and final installment of "Tales From the Farm" soon. Then I'll have to start thinking of a different fun "series" to do. I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat ;-)

Love,
Brooke

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your post and the pictures are terrific! Such a "fetching" hat in the last pic :) Please give Ben hugs and kisses from Gigi and Grampy. Love and Miss you always! Mom