Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Smile for the Camera....or Not

Since yesterday was my birthday, Greg (being the wonderful husband that he is) decided to take the day off work so he could spend it with Ben and I. And he let me choose the day's activities. It was one of the best birthdays I've had. We started the day off by going to breakfast at Village Inn where I got the delicious strawberry crepe platter. YUM! While at the restaurant, Ben said "Hi" approximately 271 times to our waitress and neighboring customers. A shy one, he is not.

After breakfast, we made a quick pit-stop at home where I Skyped with my brother and then we headed downtown to the children's museum where we took about a gazillion pictures. Ben was into all the picture-taking for about the first two and then, he wasn't having it anymore....

A good one with Daddy....

"Driving" the tractor......

And then he refused to look at the camera the rest of the time....

Playing with the train set.....


Avoiding the camera like the plague....

Again....

And again....


I guess we were both avoiding this one....


Almost....but not quite.....

Aaaaaand no......

Even though Ben was a bit camera shy, we still had a great time at the museum. After that, we headed down the street to Five Guys for some burgers. I know that Five Guys is rated one of the top burger joints in the country, but I'm going to have to go on the record as saying I don't get it. The burgers are good and all, but nothing spectacular. And believe me, I know my burgers. I think In-and-Out and even Steak-n-Shake easily have Five Guys beat. Just sayin'.

Then we went home for some naps. I took a good 30 minute nap and then got up to go for a run. It was the PERFECT running day. It was in the upper 50's, light breeze and nothin' but sunshine. I did 7 miles, but it was one of those days where I felt like I could have run forever. Then I came home, got cleaned up, Skyped with my Mom and Dad and spent a relaxing evening at home. Yep, pretty much the perfect day! Thanks to family and friends for the many happy birthday emails, FB messages, cards, gifts, etc. I feel very blessed and loved :-)

Now I'll leave you with some pics of Ben on a day when he was actually looking at the camera:-)

Hanging out with his favorite purple dinosaur, Barney....

Chasing me because I'm holding the camera.....

Wrapping himself in the "no-slip" padding from under the rug....it's the little things that entertain him the most!!


Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Love, Brooke




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww! That was terrific! Can't wait for the next post :) Love you!