Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring has Sprung

Why are the subjects of this photo so happy? Because spring is here!! The grass is starting to green up and flowers are starting to peek up from their winter hiding places. In the words and tone of Will Ferrell a la "Old School"....it's glorious!! I just love this time of year. There is that collective feeling of giddiness among everyone as they start working on their lawns and going for bike rides and runs, etc. LOVE. IT.
Below is a picture of our magnolia bush that is situated by our front door. I had to take a picture because the flowers don't last long. One good thunderstorm and those babies are long gone. They're so pretty while they last though!

This next photo is my very favorite. I was on my way to work this morning and just as I rounded a corner in our neighborhood, this is what I saw......

It was sooo beautiful and HUGE that I think I audibly gasped. Then I turned around, went home, and grabbed my camera. What a great way to start the day!
Hope you all had a great Easter last weekend. Greg and I stayed around here this year, so we just went to church and then Greg had to drive back to Bloomington for a class this week. The Easter sermon was really good. We hadn't been to church for a few weeks so it was nice to be back.
I'm supposed to run in a 10k race on Saturday, but they're predicting thunderstorms starting Friday night and lasting through Saturday....of course. Running in the cold is one thing but running 6 miles in a torrential downpour is where I draw the line. We'll see what happens I guess.
Have a good one!
Brooke

No comments: