Monday, September 29, 2008

Back in Business

Hello everyone!

Yes, it's true, I have been a bad, bad blogger. I got a little side-tracked for about a month, but now I'm back!! A couple of my friends have been trying to get me to join Facebook and I finally broke down and did it. That's part of the reason I've been neglecting the blog....Facebook is seriously addicting! I had no idea so many old friends were on it. It has been really fun getting back in contact with people I haven't spoken to in years. Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot going on here lately so I really haven't had a lot to blog about anyway.

On the adoption front, we finally turned in our application and have attended some classes that are required by the agency. We also turned in our first stack of forms and documents that are needed before we can begin the homestudy. We have officially decided to adopt from Nepal. The adoption timeline for that country is shorter than most and we will likely be matched with a child under the age of 2, which is what we were really hoping for. Those were the two main reasons for choosing Nepal. We'll keep you updated as things progress.

My parents came to visit over the weekend and we had a great time. We took them to the Omaha zoo on Saturday. Omaha has a surprisingly good zoo. It consistently ranks in the top 5 in the country. Here are some pics from our weekend:

Above: Greg, Me, and Dad posing in front of the indoor "rain forest".

This sun bear was soooo funny. He had climbed to the tippy top of a very high tree in his cage and was literally posing for all the people with cameras. He was just fascinated by everyone and was totally hamming it up. So cute!!!!! I was so nervous he was going to fall though.

Me in front of the waterfall in the rain forest display.

Monkeys napping in a tree.

The penguin display. The penguins were a riot. These three in the front were clearly the "guards". They kept their position the entire time while the rest of the penguins played.

Dad, me and mom in front of the penguin display.
That's pretty much it for now. I promise not to go another month before my next post. I think I'll be doing my hair-u-mentary sometime in the near future. Prepare yourselves.....
Love,
Brooke

No comments: